Taking Care of Your Hair Before Your Irvine Hair Transplant Procedure
June 25th, 2021 by David Martin
Everything in the world undergoes a process. Results just don’t immediately come out of nowhere, and a journey to hair transplantation does not just start the moment people get the operation. There are variables in between, and it is not just black and white. Indeed, it’s good to find your trusted Irvine hair transplant companion. However, there is still more to do. Of course, the journey does not end there. There are steps needed to get yourself ready for your transplantation. It pays to be careful and aware. Finding information before receiving the service will be of great help. This way, you are not entirely clueless, and ultimately, this helps you get yourself ready.
Suffering from hair loss might be a stressful time for a lot of people, it might even take a toll on their emotional and mental health. Undergoing a hair transplantation procedure might also be stressful for them. Researching is a way to lighten up the load. By gaining all the helpful information, you can help yourself prepare and take better care of yourself in general.
Things to DO Before Receiving Your Irvine Hair Transplant Procedure
Like planning and traveling, there are things and practices needed before going to your hair transplant appointment with your chosen Irvine hair transplant clinic. These are processes that will help you keep safe and make the most out of it. Some of which are precautions for your benefit.
- Wash your hair thoroughly – It’s best to do this procedure the night before and the morning of the surgical appointment. It’s best to have a professional that you can contact whenever you have queries about your hair. You can get your doctor and ask if there are recommended shampoos that will be helpful for you to use.
- Wear something comfortable – Comfort comes first, so it’s best not to wear anything you feel uncomfortable wearing. It’s also advised not to wear anything that you pull and go over through your head. Something loose and with buttons or zip in the front are ideal. This is beneficial when you have to remove your clothes afterward.
- Eat your breakfast – Energy is needed, especially during surgery. It would be helpful if you get your fill of nutritious breakfast to kick off your appointment day. Drinking lots of water is also advised.
- Arrange your transportation ahead of time – It pays to be ready indeed. For convenience, it would be very helpful to make sure you have a vehicle to use when going and coming back home. This is also one of the ways to avoid stress.
- Clear your schedule – The process will take a while. Generally, it takes about 4-8 hours. Still, it depends on the amount of hair to be transplanted. As the amount becomes more extensive, the time it takes also becomes more extended, so it’s possible to occupy your whole daytime schedule. It’s best not to schedule anything other than your hair transplantation surgery appointment.
- Discuss important matters with your doctor – If you have a condition that requires you to maintain a particular diet or medication, discussing this with your doctor is essential. If you perhaps have diabetes, it’s helpful to ask how you would handle your diet and insulin.
What to Avoid Before Your Irvine Hair Transplant Procedure
Just like how there are helpful things, there are also things that are harmful to do before receiving your procedure from your Irvine hair transplant companion. Avoiding particular things before the surgery is essential. A hair transplantation procedure/operation is a serious matter. Safety is always good and is a priority, do not take it for granted.
- Avoid certain medications – Avoid taking anti-inflammatory drugs. It’s advised to stop your intake for seven days before your procedure. It is also recommended to avoid multivitamins. In general, avoid taking aspirin, B vitamins, E vitamins, Blood thinners, Ibuprofen, or even Herbal medications. It would be helpful to inform your doctor if you are taking any medication. Let the expert know.
- Avoid drinking alcohol also for seven days prior to your hair transplant surgical appointment.
- Refrain from smoking – Avoid nicotine in general. Smoking compresses the blood vessels resulting in a decrease in blood flow. The act of smoking reduces blood flow to the scalp. The oxygen-carrying ability of the blood is lessened due to the carbon monoxide from the smoke. This can contribute to the flawed healing process once the hair transplant procedure is over.
- Do not take unnecessary medication without your surgeon’s permission – Being nervous is a normal reaction when undergoing something significant in people’s lives. Some of them resort to taking drugs to ease what they are feeling. However, it is strongly advised not to take any medication inside your body without a professional’s consent and authorization. It’s essential to know the risks and consequences to be able to avoid these more effectively.
- Avoid drinking coffee – Drinking coffee on the day of your hair transplant procedure is not advised. Understandably, a lot of people acknowledge the help coffee gives to the world. It is both calming and delicious. However, it is highly recommended to drink caffeinated drinks on the day of your procedure. Caffeine is responsible for the increase in blood pressure. Increased blood pressure raises the possibility of bleeding as you are undergoing the operation. Having excessive bleeding can have a significant effect on graft growth. Not only that, but it can also lengthen the surgery time. Sources of caffeine can be and are not limited to tea, coffee, and energy drinks that contain caffeine in them. The best choice for people to undergo a hair transplant procedure to drink in preparation for the big day is water.
- Avoid cutting or coloring your hair – It’s best to avoid unnecessary actions towards your hair before the surgery. It could be helpful to leave the hair located in the more prominent angles like the hair in the back and sides. These can help in concealing stitches or sutures that may be visible after the operation.