Orthopedic rehabilitation in Germany guarantees better quality of life
October 1st, 2019 by Akbar Mohammad
Orthopedic rehabilitation in Germany is no less important than surgery or active pharmacotherapy. Specialized, dedicated and highly trained team of healthcare specialists persistently works with patient in order to restore his functional abilities. Orthopedic rehabilitation is successfully applied in patients with traumatic injuries of the musculoskeletal system, scoliosis and other spine deformities, rheumatologic lesions of joints and bones. Therapeutic aims may include improving everyday functional activities, alleviating pain and other unpleasant symptoms, etc.
Which techniques may be applied
Depending on the diagnosis of basic disease and general health condition of a patient, a doctor recommends combination of few restorative techniques and selects their duration and intensity. As a rule, a doctor selects from one to five procedures from the following list and adjusts them to the dynamic changes in the patient’s state:
- Massage and manual practices, including the Graston (instrument-assisted mobilization of soft tissues).
- Mechanotherapy, which is passive working out of joints and muscles. Selective functional movement assessment can be performed simultaneously.
- Occupational therapy, including the functional movement screen.
- Physical medicine, including the extracorporeal shockwave therapy, Astym, magnetotherapy, electrophoresis with medications, and laser therapy.
- Stimulation of nerve endings with weak current.
- Work with the verticalizer Verte Trek (e.g. in symptomatic cervical and lumbar disc herniation).
- Work with the DRX 9000 C spinal decompression system (e.g. in symptomatic thoracic and lumbar disc herniation).
Leading centers of the orthopedic rehabilitation
Orthopedic rehabilitation is the obligatory part of treatment in Germany as it consolidates results of surgery or offers better quality of life in chronic conditions. Typically it starts in the hospital, immediately after completion of the active therapy phase. Once a patient is discharged, he can continue restorative procedures in the specialized healthcare institutions. List of the leading relevant healthcare facilities includes:
- Clinic Limberger, Department of Orthopedics and Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
- Clinic in Alpenpark Bad Wiessee, Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
- Maternus Rehabilitation Clinic Bad Oeynhausen, Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
- Rehabilitation Clinic Waldbronn, Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation.
- Dr. Franz Dengler Clinic Baden-Baden, Department of Orthopedics.
Some of hospitals admit both children and adults, others specialize on rehabilitation in the adulthood. Those healthcare institutions that admit children typically offer their parents reduced prices for staying in the same room during the whole treatment period. Doctors teach parents how to continue exercises at home and help a child adapt to changes in the physical state.
Planning orthopedic rehabilitation in Germany with Booking Health
International patients often choose Germany for orthopedic treatment and rehabilitation. For those ones who undergo orthopedic rehabilitation in Germany for the first time it is better to entrust organization of the medical program to Booking Health. Booking Health is the certified medical tourism operator that offers help in:
- Making choice between the leading clinics that specialize on the orthopedic rehabilitation.
- Establishing communication with necessary physician and explaining the preliminary rehabilitation program.
- Providing favorable costs for diagnostic and therapeutic measures, excluding additional coefficients.
- Booking the single or double room in the hospital on the necessary date.
- Monitoring all stages of the rehabilitation process.
- Help in arranging follow-up examination and maintenance therapy after program completion.
- Assistance in the financial issues, return of unspent funds.
- Offering service of the highest level: booking hotels and plane tickets, translation of documents, transfer organization.