Memory Enhancer Supplements
January 14th, 2021 by Catherine Marqueses
We are all subject to memory loss as we age. Have you recently forgotten where you laid your car keys? Or forgotten a critical phone number you have been calling for years? Have you considered memory enhancer supplements?
Consider this statistic. If the onset of Alzheimer’s could be delayed by ten years in today’s population, there would be approximately 210,000 fewer people with the disease ten years from now, producing a $10 billion cost savings.
Prescription drugs are costly and have limited effectiveness. What if there were an over the counter supplement an individual could take that would significantly slow down the loss of memory.
Scientists have been studying cocoa flavanols for 20 years, which has resulted in the publishing of over 150 scientific papers. This has resulted in making it one of the most highly researched nutrients in the world. Thirty of these studies have proven the effectiveness of cocoa flavanols in achieving total body health, including the brain and heart.
A study was done to determine if taking 750 mg of cocoa flavanols would enhance brain performance and boost senior adults’ memory. Participants took 750 mg of cocoa flavanols each day for eight weeks. They were given memory tests before and after to compare results.
Thirty-one percent had improved word recall, remembering eight more words per minute than before. Brain tests were completed 21% faster, completing the test 17 seconds faster than previously.
Ginkgo biloba is a supplement that has been used in Europe for the treatment of reduced blood flow, causing dementia. Ginkgo biloba improves the blood flow in small vessels.
Some studies have shown that ginkgo biloba helps dementia as other drugs routinely prescribed for Alzheimer’s. While it cannot prevent dementia on its own, their symptoms can stabilize so they don’t worsen for people who already suffer from it. Some studies have also shown benefits in mental alertness, and mood, in healthy people who currently take ginkgo biloba.
The brain is active 24/7. It is the command center, working even when we are sleeping. It keeps us breathing, thinking, moving, doing, and feeling. Taking care of the brain is essential. Taking memory enhancer supplements can help to improve memory and brain function well into your senior years.
Other supplements are being studied to determine their effectiveness in preventing memory loss.
- Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil supplements suggest that an additional intake from foods like cold-water fish, nut and plant oils, and English walnuts can lower the risk of Alzheimer’s.
- Chinese club moss, also known as Huperzine A, is a natural medicine that works similar to Alzheimer’s drugs.
- Studies suggest that Acetyl-L-Carnitine, an amino acid, may help those with memory problems. It may provide more significant benefit to those with early onset of Alzheimer’s to slow down the disease’s progression.
- Vitamin E doesn’t decrease the risk of developing Alzheimer’s, but it may slow its progression. Take vitamin E with caution, as unhealthy individuals who take high doses of it face risks.
- Asian or Panax ginseng is a herb often used with ginkgo biloba to help with fatigue and quality of life.
The ingredients that are in the supplements are essential. For the supplement to be useful for improving cognitive functioning and boosting brain power, essential ingredients need to be found. Here are some of them.
- Alpha-lipoic acid
- Brahmi (bacopa monnieri)
- Gingko biloba
- Huperzine A
- L – Theanine
- L — Tyrosine
- Vitamin B complex
For those suffering from memory loss, there are many supplements on the market today that can help. Using the guide above, you should be able to find a memory enhancer supplement that will help to improve brain function and boost your memory.