Is Laser Hair Removal the Perfect Solution to get a Radiant and Smooth Skin?
August 21st, 2019 by Diana Ross
You hate it, but can you ignore it? Unwanted hair is a problem which bothers us more than we would like to admit. Why? Because of the regular hassles and because you cannot wear the type of outfits you want to wear. That’s not all, you have to spend hours at a salon trying to get rid of body hair and spending a substantial sum of money on the same. Try permanent hair removal treatment to get rid of all your hair removing woes in a jiffy!
Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Isn’t it painful? And doesn’t it cost a lot of money? These are the two questions that you get asked often. Yes, threading and waxing are cheaper, but this is something you need it to be done on a regular basis and laser hair removal is a permanent solution. Check out the other benefits of this cosmetic solution.
You can wear your favorite outfit without a care in the world: A smooth fuzz-free skin, that’s what we all want and thankfully laser hair removal provides us with just the very solution. You can wear whatever you want to wear without having to worry, whether your legs are shaved or your armpits are waxed.
No more of joining a long queue at the salon: A few sessions is all you need to get an enviably smooth a skin. So, no more spending time on waxing, shaving, or other hair removal methods. Spend that saved time productively, just chill and have fun.
- Save money: You also reduce the money spent on salon sessions in the long run, yes that’s right You can save money by cutting down on traditional hair removal methods.
- Precise hair removal: Laser hair removal does not affect your skin as most people believe. It removes hair just from the place you want hair to be removed. It can also remove hair from delicate areas on the body.
- Speed: The speed and the precision that the laser hair removal method takes to remove is just amazing! Yes, it takes just a fraction of a second and can treat multiple hairs at one and the same time. The laser ray can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Precisely, smaller surface areas such as the upper lip are treatable in less than a minute, and larger surface areas, such as the back or legs, may take almost an hour.
- Good outcome: Most patients can get rid of unwanted hair permanently with just three to seven sessions, you may need touch-ups in the near future but it is usually few and far between and the hair that grows after a few sessions of laser is usually very fine-textured.
Top Instructions to Follow Before the Treatment
The popularity of Laser Hair Removal has jumped up by leaps and bounds in the recent decade. This hair removal solution promises minimal pain with virtually no long-term side effects. But to get the best of this treatment you have to follow specific pre and post-treatment instructions. Your physician will provide a list of Do’s and Don’ts that you need to go through thoroughly to make it one of the most desired treatment options. But here we will let you know some of the common instructions that every laser hair removal candidate must follow to the T, to get the desired hair removal results.
- No tanning-This is one of the principles laser hair removal rules, No tanning for at least 4 weeks before you go for the appointment for treatment. This includes different types of tanning such as tanning in the sun, tanning beds also the use of tanning lotions. Tanned skin is more susceptible to burns and develops certain bouts of pigmentation problems.
- Exposure to the Sun-Limit your sun exposure for at least three to four weeks before going for the laser session. Like tanned skin, sunburnt skin is also more prone to burns. The dark skin may absorb a portion of laser energy that target hair follicles, leading to hyper- or hypo-pigmentation, and has a detrimental effect on the hair removal session.
- Don’t forget the sun-screen-Apply a generous amount of moisturizer to the treatment area twice a day, as dry skin is extremely sensitive and may lead to certain complications. But a good moisturizer is not a substitute for sunscreen lotions. Apply liberal doses of sunscreen lotion when going out. Also, drink more fluids to keep your body hydrated.
- Say no to waxing sessions before laser sessions- Most laser hair removal sessions target the roots of the hair, it is important that you do not pull the hair from roots before the hair removal session. Stop hair removal methods such as waxing, tweezing and threading at least six weeks before the run-up to the appointment to allow all the hairs in the treatment area to grow fully. Meanwhile, you can try other methods such as shaving or clipping hair.
- No cosmetics-Do not apply any cosmetic products such as cosmetic, lotion or cream before going for a laser hair removal. Also, it is particularly to avoid harsh products such as deodorant or antiperspirant. Shave the treatment area the day prior to your appointment, as per your doctor’s instructions.
There are some rules which one needs to follow after laser treatment to make the sessions even more effective.
- Tanning-Tanning is a strict no-no for a stipulated time frame. One has to avoid tanning sources for at least 10 to 15 days at least. This diminishes the chances of pigmentation problems, as laser-treated areas are particularly sensitive. Also, avoid sun exposure at least for a couple of weeks.
- Sensitive Skin-As stated above, your skin will become more sensitive after Laser Hair Removal, so avoid exposing it to the harsh environments such as hot tubs, sauna baths, and hot showers for a minimum period of 48 hours following the treatment.
- No strenuous activities-While laser treatment usually omes with zero downtime, avoid any activity that may raise your cortisol levels and sends your pulse racing, cardio workouts such as running, walking or jogging. This will cause sweating and sweating ultimately may invariably raise the risk of infection.
Once you are done with your treatment, you will feel relieved you won’t need to go to salons to remove hair. It is a permanent hassle-free hair removal solution.