Reasons Why You Should Get Botox Injections
October 17th, 2021 by David Martin
Smile lines and mimic wrinkles can be kept at bay with Botox injections. They have been around for more than 30 years and proved their general safety and effectiveness. Millions of people have already received their shots, and are quite happy with the results.
There are plenty of reasons to opt for Botox when looking for rejuvenation treatment. What are those reasons? Let’s get to learn about them together!
How Does Botox Work?
Botox is a cosmetic solution injected into specific muscles to treat facial wrinkles caused by repetitive facial expressions.
Botox is based on botulinum toxin type A (BtA) – a muscle paralyzer released by clostridium botulinum. In small doses, the substance blocks the nerves’ chemical signals and relaxes facial muscles responsible for the appearance of crow’s feet and other expression lines and wrinkles.
Reasons Why Botox Treatments Are Beneficial
Several reasons make Botox a good rejuvenation option. Let’s review them.
Reason #1: Botox Is Time-Tested
Botox was approved as an aesthetic injectable by the FDA in 2002. Nonetheless, it has been around since 1989 – the year it was allowed to be used for medical purposes.
Its long history on the market means that there are plenty of experienced and skilled Botox injectors who will ensure the effectiveness and safety of the procedure. Board-certified dermatologists, surgeons, practitioner assistants, and nurses are allowed to inject Botox, so there are plenty of professionals to reach out to.
Reason #2: Botox Is Long-Lasting
On average, Botox lasts for up to 4-5 months. The longevity of the injectable depends on such factors as:
- The faster it is, the less time Botox lasts;
- Skincare routine. Appropriate products will keep your skin healthy, thus enhancing Botox’s effects;
- Sun exposure. The more you are exposed to the sun, the faster your facial treatments lose their veneer, as high UV index affects the overall health and look of your skin;
- Skin health is in correlation with what you eat, so opt for a healthy and balanced meal.
Reason #3: Botox Is Minimally Invasive
While cosmetic surgery is a highly effective procedure, not all signs of aging require going under a surgeon’s knife.
A single Botox injection can successfully treat such skin concerns as:
- Forehead wrinkles;
- Gummy smile;
- Crow’s feet;
- Dynamic wrinkles;
- Fine lines and wrinkles between eyebrows, and others
The solution is administered with a thin needle at a doctor’s office after applying anesthesia. Usually, the procedure doesn’t take longer than 2 hours, and a client is free to return to their daily routine after the session is over.
Reason #4: Botox Brings Unexpected Benefits
Alongside being effective as a face rejuvenation injectable, Botox can help with some medical conditions as well.
Some of the conditions Botox treatment can help with are:
- Cervical dystonia;
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis);
- Lazy eye, and others.
Sometimes, when used for cosmetic purposes, Botox affects muscles and nerves in a way that helps with the abovementioned conditions. There are plenty of cases when people got relief from their chronic migraines after receiving an anti-aging botulinum toxin shot.
Still, it would be wise to consult with your doctor about medical issues that cause inconveniences. A healthcare professional will provide medical advice and prescribe appropriate medications, such as medical Botox injections.
What Else Should You Know?
Some things that you should know before scheduling an appointment are:
- Botox can’t be injected into lips. If you look for injectables that will enhance their appearance, dermal fillers are a way to go;
- Some doctors believe that preventative Botox injections make muscles weaker, which could be a primary cause of sagging skin in the future. This makes Botox a better solution for people older than 35-40 years;
- Injection site reactions on the treated area are considered normal as long as they’re mild to moderate and don’t cause noticeable pain;
- Doctors say that Botox injections are contraindicated to people allergic to cow’s milk protein.
To Sum Up
Botox is an effective rejuvenating solution delivered directly into the muscle responsible for the appearance of wrinkles. It blocks neuro signals in the treated areas, thus making fine lines much less noticeable.
However, too much Botox is no good. It’s important to find an experienced injector who knows all the intricacies of BtA treatments. When the procedure is done by a skilled person and when a patient has no contraindications, there will be hardly anything to worry about.