A Guide to Facial Tanning Serum
August 8th, 2022 by Catherine Marqueses
Looking to add a little colour to your complexion without hitting the beach? A facial tanning serum may be the answer for you. These products are designed to give you a healthy, sun-kissed look without any of the harmful UV rays. But with so many different brands and types of facial tanning serum online, how do you choose the right one for you?
In this guide, we’ll discuss everything you need to know about facial tanning serums – from what they are and how to use them, to tips for keeping your skin looking young and healthy!
What is face serum tan and what are the benefits?
A facial tanning serum is a topical product that you can apply to your face to give it a sun-kissed look. Most serums contain dihydroxyacetone (DHA), which is a compound that reacts with the amino acids in your skin to create a browning effect. DHA is TGA-approved for use as a self-tanner, so you can be sure that it’s safe for your skin.
There are many benefits to using a facial tanning serum:
- No exposure to harmful UV rays
- Much less likely to cause streaks and uneven patches than self-tanners
- They’re quick and easy to apply – just a few drops is all you need
- You can control the level of colour you want by how often you use the product
How to apply face serum tan for the best results
- Start with a clean, exfoliated face. This will help the serum to absorb evenly into your skin.
- Apply a small amount of serum to your face using a cotton pad or your fingers, and be sure to avoid the delicate area around your eyes.
- Allow the serum to dry for a few minutes before applying makeup or sunscreen.
- Reapply the serum every few days to maintain your desired level of colour.
The different types of face serum tans available on the market
Not all facial tanning serums are created equal! There are many different formulas available, each with its own set of benefits. Here are some of the most popular types:
- Water-based serums are the lightest and most gentle on the skin – they’re a great option if you have sensitive skin or are new to using facial tanners.
- Oil-based serums provide deeper hydration and can help to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Alcohol-based serums are the quickest-drying and are ideal for those with oily skin.
Tips for keeping your skin looking young and healthy with a face serum tan
Facial tanning serums can be a great way to add a healthy glow to your complexion – but like all sunless tanners, they should be used with caution. Here are some tips for your skin looking young and healthy:
- Avoid using facial tanning products more than once per week.
- When applying the product, be sure to avoid the delicate area around your eyes.
- Always use a sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher when you’re outdoors – even if you’re not using a facial tanner.
- Exfoliate regularly to help prevent streaks and uneven patches.
- Moisturise daily to keep your skin hydrated and prevent dryness.
With so many different formulas and brands of facial tanning serum on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. But armed with this knowledge, you should be able to find a product that suits your needs – and gives you the perfect sun-kissed look!